1. In our society, ideas of beauty are socially constructed. If you’re fat or lean, tall or short, people will always have something to say against you. Amidst all the criticism, you will have to believe that you are beautiful and the society doesn’t have a say in it. You are as radiant as the sun in the morning and as glorious as the moon on a summer night.
2. You are not a caged bird. Sure the people around you will treat you like one, but you need to realize how big and long your wings are. You need to learn to open them wide and soar in the sky.
3. Love finds you, you don’t find love. Believe in something called fate and destiny and stay away from people who don’t. Cynicism is never good for a sensitive heart. You need to believe that people were put in your life for a reason. And the reason is love.
4. Love with all that you have in you. Even if it means you lying awake at four, tears rolling down your eyes and an unbearable ache in your chest, honey you love. You don’t shut your heart just because somethings didn’t work out. No! How selfish would that be? You love because if you don’t yours will be a life wasted on people who couldn’t understand the true meaning of life. If the universe wanted us to be alone why would it make others. Stop believing that your heart is broken. It’s not. It never will be.
5. Maths and science wont help you when you’re lying on the bed trying to contemplate this meaningless life. Art helps. Music helps. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Art always helps. That doesn’t mean you pick up a brush and a canvas and become a artist. You find art in the small things and finding art in this world is very easy. You just need a right eye for it.
When you look in the mirror, look at that reflection carefully. Do you just see the scars and the wounds life caused you? No, you see a magnificent woman standing, smiling, in spite of the fact that the world knocked her down so many time. She’s standing and waiting for life to throw one of it’s moves at her, for she knows she’s been training and now she can take it.